Merchants Capital Investments is seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on all data and activity for the tax credit equity group as well as preparing documents for the Senior Vice President that are ultimately provided to management.
Expected Outcomes: The primary responsibilities of this position are business process improvement, financial model analysis, data integration and support the Portfolio Management, Syndications, and Acquisitions departments of a real estate investment syndicator. The candidate will be a Microsoft Excel and Office expert working as part of a team building, implementing, and maintaining a proprietary suite of financial analysis tools, systems and processes used to analyze and report on affordable housing, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) investments. The candidate will be charged with a wide range of analytical, project management and technical tasks and must have the ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others, including non-technical business stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain an understanding of Portfolio Management’s existing business processes and facilitate improvements.
- Work closely with real estate analysts and senior-level finance experts to review, model, and forecast financial risks and opportunities.
- Advise internal staff and external third parties regarding deal structuring, LIHTC, partnership, and real estate tax matters.
- Effectively communicate with individuals of various backgrounds, experience, and knowledge – be able to bridge the gap between groups having relatively different levels of technology and real estate investment expertise.
- Enhance the capabilities of a Portfolio Management department working in a remote environment across U.S. time zones.
- Oversee the preparation and update of financial analysis and modeling tools designed to provide detailed projections for institutional investors managed investment funds.
- Setup and execute queries and perform data analysis using Power Query and Pivot Table features of Excel and Power BI.
- Review lower-tier partnership tax returns and audits.
- Assist Fund auditors during preliminary and year-end filed work.