©2020 Merchants Capital. All Rights Reserved.
Career Opportunities at Merchants Capital
Billion in Loans
Affordable Housing Production
Optigo® Targeted Affordable Seller/Servicer
2020 – 2016 Best Places to Work in Indiana
Merchants Capital strives to create a work environment that rewards hard work and strong performance while encouraging a positive work-life balance. At Merchants, we believe our people make the difference in our business and our full range of top-notch employee benefits are key to building and maintaining our team.
Current Open Positions
Summary: The Multifamily FHA Loan Processor must be knowledgeable of the various investor programs and loan products offered by Merchants Capital, which include FHA HUD/RHS. The Multifamily FHA Loan Processor will be held accountable and responsible for the compliance of the respective program guide requirements. The position’s primary focus will be on HUD loans originated by Merchants Capital, but the responsibilities could also include working with other Merchants Capital products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in Kick-off call with both Internal team members and Borrower to gain understanding of transaction at onset of process;
- Order, track, & maintain 3rd party reports;
- Create signature documents, both internal & external (i.e.; forms, application, invoices, engagement letters, etc.);
- Request, retrieve, and track due diligence documents from the client via Outlook and/or file-sharing system;
- Expert for all applicable loan policies and procedures both internally and required by Agency Guide’s, as applicable);
- Assist origination & underwriting in clearing stipulations required by loan committee or Agency program (as/if applicable);
- Answer client questions that may arise during the loan process;
- Coordinate and prepare loan application packages with Underwriting team for submission for approval;
- Submit and track insurance review with internal and external staff to ensure compliance with Bank and/or Agency requirements;
- Maintain accurate QC/HMDA folders;
- Maintain ‘Pipeline” report(s);
- Complete other duties as deemed necessary;
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Possess the initiative to work in an independent and reliable manner, and ability to work closely with other internal departments to process a loan in a timely manner.
- Strong customer service skills in person, via electronic communication and phone.
- Proficient in Microsoft Work, Excel, Outlook and database management
- Requires critical thinking skills and multitasking.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Preference to candidates with educational or work experience in relation to finance, real estate or associated fields, but candidates with strong organizational skills who are detail oriented and eager to learn are encouraged to apply.
- Strong preference to previous real estate experience (single family or multifamily) and/or Bank, FHA HUD, and Agency experience.