Career Opportunities at Merchants Capital
Merchants Capital, formerly PR Mortgage & Investments, is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Merchants Bank. Since 1990, we have provided the best origination and service of loan products with exceptional customer service, accuracy, creativity, speed, and conformance to regulations. Merchants Capital is a premier provider and servicer of multifamily, senior and student housing in the Midwest.
Billion in Loans
Targeted Affordable Seller/Servicer
Merchants Capital strives to create a work environment that rewards hard work and strong performance while encouraging a positive work-life balance. At Merchants, we believe our people make the difference in our business and our full range of top-notch employee benefits are key to building and maintaining our team.
Commercial Loan Processor/Closer (Saint Paul or Indianapolis)Posted: 01/26/2019
The Commercial Loan Processor/Closer will be responsible for the compliance of the respective program guide requirements. The position’s primary focus will be on bank loans originated by Merchants Capital, but the responsibilities could also include working with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac or HUD products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Commercial Loan Processor/Closer include, but are not limited to, those outlined below.
- Participate in kick-off call with both Internal team members and Borrower to gain understanding of transaction at onset of process;
- Order, track, & maintain 3rd party reports;
- Create signature documents, both internal & external (i.e.; forms, application, invoices, engagement letters, etc.);
- Request, retrieve, and track due diligence documents from the client via Outlook and/or file-sharing system;
- Expert for all applicable loan policies and procedures both internally and required by Agency Guide’s, as applicable;
- Assist origination & underwriting in clearing stipulations required by loan committee or Agency program (as/if applicable);
- Answer client questions that may arise during the loan process;
- Coordinate and prepare loan application packages with Underwriting team for submission for approval;
- Submit and track insurance review with internal and external staff to ensure compliance with Bank and/or Agency requirements;
- Maintain accurate QC/HMDA folders;
- Maintain ‘Pipeline” report(s);
- Coordinate with the Bank’s legal representatives to schedule loan closings, while collecting required items needed for closing from the Borrower, Bank, or Legal Team;
- Organize weekly closing calls with borrower and counsel, as needed;
- Create Settlement Statements for closing and oversee the contribution of equity, loan disbursements, and third-party payments;
- Coordinate all aspects of loan closings including but not limited to the following:
- Provide outside counsel with timely receipt of required closing documents
- Work closely with counsel to prepare and review all necessary loan documents;
- Review title and survey comments prepared by counsel and follow up if required; and
- Obtain all necessary documentation for the completion of a closing statement as well as obtain backup documentation for the processing of an initial draw for construction transactions.
- Arrange loan funding which includes ordering of warehouse funds from appropriate warehouse lender;
- Review and track all Lender and Investor commitments, as applicable;
- Issue loan commitments and confirmations, as applicable;
- Coordinate all loan delivery packages with both Underwriting team and outside counsel, as applicable;
- Work directly with the various Agencies to securitize and provide necessary closing documentation post-closing to finalize the mortgage-backed security to the investor, as applicable;
- Deliver permanent loan files to servicing, construction servicing and asset management departments.
- Ability to travel to closings, as required;
- Complete other duties as deemed necessary.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Possess the initiative to work in an independent and reliable manner, and ability to work closely with other internal departments to process a loan in a timely manner.
- Strong customer service skills in person, via electronic communication and phone.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database management
- Requires critical thinking skills and multitasking.
- Teamwork and collaboration focused
- Demonstrate a positive attitude focused on responsibility and integrity.
- Committed to conducting business in a manner that reflects favorably at all times on the good name, goodwill and reputation of Merchants Capital.
Two-year college degree with two-years’ experience or 5 years real estate lending specific experience. Educational or work experience in relation to loan processing in finance, real estate or associated fields. Strong preference to previous Bank, FHA HUD, and Agency experience.
Salary, benefits and bonus potential. Further education in a related field will be considered for reimbursement.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified applicants may submit their resume online. Apply Online